For those who want to test the waters and try scuba this is the course for you! The SDI Scuba Discovery Program gives you a glimpse of what you can expect to experience in the underwater world as well as what you could expect to learn in the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course.During this experience program, you will go through the basic safety procedures for enjoyable scuba diving under the watchful eye of an active SDI Instructor. You will learn skills such as equalizing your ears, buddy checks, basic buoyancy control, underwater communication, and more. You will also be given an introduction to basic scuba equipment followed by an underwater tour in the local pool or marine environment.
Who this course is for:
- Those who would like to experience the underwater world
- Those who would like an introductory course to scuba diving prior to enrolling in the Open Water Scuba Diver course
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
- Demonstrate adequate swimming skills and in-water comfort
What you can expect to learn:
During this program the following topics will be introduced… and more!
- Aquatic Environment: marine environment, marine life
- Physics & Physiology: buoyancy, pressure, equalization
- Scuba Eqiupment: assembly, disassembly, proper use, accessories
- Underwater Communication
- Ear clearing and equalization
- Buoyancy compensator device (BCD) use
- Buoyancy control
- Regulator use, breathing, clearing, removal & recover
- Mask clearing
- Underwater swimming, proper use of fins
- Underwater communications
Course length: 1-2 hours
If you enjoy this experience then the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course is your next step!
Back to Sport Diving